What is the Prolotherapy
Prolotherapy (also known as proliferation or sclerosis therapy) is an alternative medicine practice that aims to stabilise the joints by strengthening the ligaments. No anaesthetic or anti-inflammatory drugs are used in prolotherapy. It is a versatile method and can be used in a targeted manner. Based on my observations over the years, prolotherapy stimulates the healing process and is applicable to people of all ages.
For legal reasons, I am obliged to point out that the described effectiveness of proliferation therapy has not yet been sufficiently proven by scientific studies. As such, it is not unconditionally regarded as the German medical standard and is not recognised as a conventional treatment method. This form of therapy is therefore to be seen as a complementary healing method in the legal sense of an individual treatment attempt.
I customise the therapy to each client’s needs and work with natural and cortisone-free products. Prolotherapy is used to treat the joint ligaments of the entire spine, pelvis and peripheral joints. Multiple joints or spinal areas can be treated in one session. The therapy is usually administered across four to five sessions, with intervals of two to four weeks between each. Patients can continue working and doing sports throughout that time.
- Loose ligaments in the musculoskeletal system due to wear and tear or accidents
- Chronic back, pelvic or lower back pain
- Segmental instability triggered by wear and tear
- Pain due to spine curvature disorders
- Baastrup’s disease (so-called kissing spines syndrome)
- Ligament disorders after shoulder, elbow, or ankle injuries
- Injuries caused by excessive stress to the hands or feet (heel spurs, splayfeet)
- Segmental instability due to wear and tear
- Onset of arthrosis of hip and knee joints
- Chondromalacia patellae (CMP)
- Instable upper cervical joints (accompanied by tinnitus, dizziness, headaches)